Thursday 3 September 2015

An Indian Twist


What I love about Indianwear is how contemporary and global it is becoming everyday.No longer are we forced to choose between the standard kurtas and anarkalis.From the ramp to the local designers,We get to see innovations in drapes,embroideries and styles everyday.

Which is why I love this kurta by Rutuja Bhingarde.I fell in love with this funky interpretation of a kurta as soon as I saw it on the racks of a local exhibition.They had so many fun motifs and colours in these that I had a hard time choosing just one.In the end,it was this beaded elephant beauty that stole my heart.I loved how it looked almost like a maxi if you saw it from the front and a kurta if you saw it sideways.

My love for colours has no limits so I put all the colours I could find in my closet in my outfit.I paired it with this clutch I got as a Rakhi gift and accessories and shoes I had picked up on different holidays.And to mute it a bit.I went light on the make-up as I usually do.

Which is your favourite twist to the classic Indian outfit?
Let me know in the comments below or on email if you like my outfit.I love reading each and every one of them.






Kurta: Rutuja Bhingarde (Unfortunately,I could not find the designer online)
Earrings: Borrowed. Shop Similar
Bangles: South Africa Souvenir Shops. Shop Similar
Shoes: Johari Bazaar,Jaipur. Shop Similar
Clutch: Gifted. Shop Similar

22 comments:

  1. You look stunning in this outfit. Love the bright colors <3
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors here! It looks lovely on you, and that clutch is so cool! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Can I just take a moment and say that top is freaking gorgeous! I love everything about it, the color,the fit and the pattern! Looks great on you! And that clutch :D

    www.asipofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Can I just take a moment and say that top is freaking gorgeous! I love everything about it, the color,the fit and the pattern! Looks great on you! And that clutch :D

    www.asipofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! Indian fabrics are so funky and fun- I love the little elephants on this!!! :D haha. Thanks for stopping by my bloggie! i haven't visited yours in a while! :)

    Blessings,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I love fun motifs like these too!

      Delete
  6. everything look so colorful!
    like it!
    see my new post >>> http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colorful look! The kurta and the clutch are amazing .. love them!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing ! I like orange color and this clothing is beautiful :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ur orange kurta so much, where did u buy it from??
    chk out my new post - http://www.sapphireziva.com/fashion_detail.php?id=27
    and my new website - www.sapphireziva.com
    xo, kanchan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kanchan...its a mumbai designer called Rutuja Bhingarde/Thomas but havent been able to find much online presence for her brand!

      Delete
  10. so beautiful, the bright colour really suits you :) xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kurta so pretty ! The clutch and mojris add the multicolour pop ! Super like

    http://www.mumbaitomelbourne.com/fashion-and-beauty-blog-posts/leopard-on-the-streets

    ReplyDelete

badge