Friday 17 October 2014

The Bridal Files: Youngsters



I would like to excuse myself by saying that my recent nuptials were the reason that I have been AWOL...But really I was mostly being lazy and procrastinating.But I'm back now! And better late than never right?

I now have a truckload of pictures to share thanks to my wedding.Nothing like a wedding to make you a complete narcissist.I do not however have too many pictures of my outfit for the youngsters party.Mostly because we spent half the time getting couple shots clicked and the other half well,I can't really publish.It was a cocktail party after all.




   

I bought my dress from my trip to Europe last summer.I had figured I could easily find a romantic,long dress in Paris,Right? Wrong! Everything I found in Paris was either too expensive and if it fit my budget then too simple.I wanted a dress that would be comfortable enough to dance in but still look dressy and classy.I finally found this dress at a store in Zurich called Modissa.If you are ever in this town,you MUST visit this shop.It is four floors of design goodness! The top floor was dedicated to cocktail dresses and that was where I found this beauty.Infact,I liked so many of their clothes that I felt like I was in Candyland.The rest of the floors had their inhouse label and some well-known international designers as well.They even had a bridal section which was by appointment.They also did my alteration in 2 days which more than what I could have asked for!






I had a Hawaiian Luau themed cocktail party for all of my friends and cousins.It was a pleasantly chilly Kolkata winter evening at the rooftop of a city bar.We handed out these floral leis and Hawaiian slippers (For tired high heeled feet:Thank you Pinterest!) as favours and had tons of fun posing at the photo booth.Fruity cocktails and finger food set the perfect mood for an amazing evening!


Dress,Clutch and Shoes: Modissa,Bahnoffstrasse,Zurich
Bracelet: Bangkok Night Market
Earrings: Gifted

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pretty dress! And I like the theme of your party. Congratulations on the wedding! :) Anyway dear, was wondering if you wanna follow each other? Just let me know if you followed me via GFC, Bloglovin or Facebook and I would gladly return the favor. Hope to keep in touch! ♥

    http://www.shaynebirao.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. u look, totally chic in that dress. how is the marriage life coming along ? Lots of best wishes for New year, n life ahead :)
    xoxo
    New Post on my blog.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed having such party with my friends as many of them were OOC during my wedding. :(

    ReplyDelete

badge